While the world's need for faster computing never subsides, neither does Intel's pace of development. However, the definition of speed in today's data centers can vary significantly between organizations and their unique needs. In response, the 4th Gen Intel Xeon Scalable Processors and companion technologies have been engineered and tested to perform faster in a broader set of situations than ever.
It's All About Acceleration
With the most built-in accelerators of any CPU on the market, the 4th Gen Intel Xeon Scalable Processors and companion architecture offer much more than faster clock speed.
Some of the Critical Advantages of 4th Gen Intel Xeon Scalable Processors Include:
- AI Acceleration - As more and more firms leverage AI for discovery and competitive advantage, Intel is supporting them with up to 10x higher PyTorch training performance with built-in Intel Advanced Matrix Extensions (Intel AMX) vs. the prior generation.
- Faster Databases - Better AI and other computing rely on high-performing data. Intel now offers up to 3x higher RocksDB performance thanks to their integrated Intel In-Memory Analytics accelerator (Intel IAA) vs. the prior generation.
- Better Core Utilization - Regarding compression, 4th Gen Intel Xeon Scalable Processors offer up to 2x higher level 1 compression with up to 95% fewer cores, using Intel QuickAssist Technology (Intel QAT) over the prior generation.
- Increased Network Connections - Also leveraging Intel QAT, Intel now can support the same amount of connections per second using 47% fewer cores over the prior generation on NGINX key handshake. This enables more connectivity to more users without a sacrifice in performance.
- Better-Performing Storage - Retrieving more data faster is possible thanks to up to 60% higher IOPS and a latency reduction of up to 37% for large packet sequential read using the integrated Intel Data Streaming Accelerator (Intel DSA) over the prior generation.
- Increased Network Capacity - With double the capacity of the prior generation for vRAN workloads, the 4th Gen Intel Xeon Scalable Processors enable communication service providers to scale and meet efficiency requirements.
- Faster HPC Applications - Intel offers up to 56% higher average HPC performance than the prior generation to empower organizations that rely on high-performance applications.
- Enhanced Security - More than ever, organizations are seeing the need to protect sensitive data and maintain compliance. Intel Software Guard Extensions (Intel SGX) and Intel Trust Domain Extensions (Intel TDX) are tools designed to secure data and ensure confidentiality. Combined with 4th Gen Intel Xeon Scalable Processors, they can help your organization implement strategies like zero trust more effectively than ever.
- More Freedom to Scale - Today's organizations scale on varying deployment paths. Whether it's integration in virtualized cloud environments or optimizing for popular applications like SAP HANA, Oracle, Microsoft SQL server, and more, Intel-based deployments have more options. With an unparalleled ecosystem of partners, Intel Xeon Scalable Processors offer maximum interoperability and choice. And with Intel one API tools, developers can leverage a single codebase compatible with various Intel hardware.
- Data Center Sustainability - Building and sustaining the modern data center is about more than performance. So, Intel has included with the 4th generation a suite of power management tools to provide operational savings. With their new BIOS-level, Optimized Power Mode, they can produce up to 20% socket power savings while costing less than 5% performance impact for select workloads.
UNICOM Engineering Platforms
Built to make use of the 4th Gen Intel Xeon Scalable Processors' many accelerations, UNICOM Engineering offers multiple platforms suitable for a multitude of use cases:
E-1800 R7 Series
In a 1U rack configuration, these platforms leverage up to two 16 to 40-core 4th Gen Xeon Scalable Processors and offer 8 to 12 drive bays, four expansion slots, and multiple memory configurations, including options for Intel Optane Persistent Memory.
E-2900 R7 Series
The E-2900 R7 seriesoffers the same CPU and memory options as the E-1800 but in a 2U solution. And they also accommodate the expansion of up to nine cards and 12 or 24 hot swap drives.
To address the 4U market, UNICOM has introduced the H-4448 platform that offers the same processor, disk, and memory configurations of the E series but with the added benefit of seven expansion card ports and accommodation for up to 48 hot swap drives.
Harness Intel's Accelerations Today with UNICOM Engineering
When building or upgrading your environment, allow UNICOM Engineering to assist you in finding the best possible hardware.
As an Intel Technology Provider and Dell Technologies Titanium OEM partner, UNICOM Engineering stands ready to design, build, and deploy the right hardware solution for your next AI, Deep Learning, or HPC initiative. Our deep technical expertise can drive your transitions to next-gen platforms and provide the flexibility and agility required to bring your solutions to market.
And our global footprint allows your solutions to be built and supported worldwide by a single company. No wonder leading technology providers trust UNICOM Engineering as their application deployment partner. Schedule a consultation today to learn how UNICOM Engineering can assist your business.