As an independent software vendor (ISV) or OEM, what do you look for in an application deployment partner? What services should they offer? In this fifth and final article on UNICOM Engineering’s 5-Point LEAD System, we look at support and maintenance as a factor in choosing a deployment partner.
Not every customer needs or wants the same level of warranty and support plans. Ideally, your strategic partner can offer a variety of support plans and warranty options so you can find the one that best meets your needs.
All providers offer a basic warranty for some period of time. They typically pass on the original manufacturer’s warranty as well for any components integrated into the systems they provide.
Beyond the basics, they should offer a scalable package to meet the requirements of you, the customer. Some options include:
- Stocking preconfigured systems that are ready to ship in the event of field unit malfunction or damage.
- Extended warranties on parts, which include two-way shipping.
- Forward stocking of replacement parts.
- On-site technician to diagnose or install parts.
- For mission-critical systems, on-site technicians and replacement part availability 24/7, 365 days a year.
By providing scalable options, you can choose the right plan for your needs.
Who Does This?
UNICOM Engineering offers a full range of services and support coverage for the parts and systems we design and manufacture. It is one more component in our commitment to supporting you throughout the lifecycle of your product. Tell us your needs, and we will design a suitable, cost-effective program that will leverage our global network infrastructure.