Today's complex workloads continue to push computing further. From AI to advanced security and large file movement, CPUs must accomplish more than ever without compromising efficiency. That's where 5th Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors stand to provide the greatest value for various modern applications.
5th Gen Intel® Xeon®® Scalable Processors - A Growing List of Improvements
When it comes to its processors and related products, Intel never stops improving. While its 4th Generation of Xeon® processors offered formidable advances, Intel took its 5th Generation even further.
Some key gen-over-gen improvements include:
- General Purpose Compute - An up to 17% increase in performance. Therefore, no matter the task, 5th Gen processors add value. This improvement results from increased processing speed and the benefits gained from Intel's many acceleration technologies.
- HPC/Floating Point - Up to 24% improvement. As a result, compute-intensive applications like AI and simulations can get the needed power to expand their capabilities and performance.
- Shared Cache - Up to 3x increased last level cache. With faster access to more data, 5th Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors can accomplish more than previous generations with lower latency.
- DDR5 - Up to 16% increased memory speeds.The 5th Generation provides the improved memory performance required to store and process the data generated by modern applications.
- Intel® Ultra Path Interconnect ( Intel® UPI) 2.0 - Up to 25% increased multi-socket bandwidth. In clustered deployments, 5th Gen processors with Intel® UPI 2.0 facilitate high-speed communication between multiple processors with low latency.
- Efficient Memory Utilization - 5th Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors support increased bandwidth and data transfer capabilities of DDR5 along with its power consumption advantages.
Powering Modern Workload Performance - With Intel® Accelerator Engines,
Intel has remained in tune with the marketplace's needs, and as the role of technology has expanded, so has its scope of development. Traditional CPUs struggle to handle the intense computing tasks required by today's expanding list of applications. Therefore, Intel has developed and evolved a growing list of acceleration engines.
With 28 onboard accelerators, 5th Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors offer more ways to improve workload performance than ever. Intel's latest accelerator engines target the areas of:
- Artificial Intelligence
- High-Performance Computing (HPC)
- Network performance
- Data Analytics
- Data Storage
Armed with these enhancements, 5th Gen processors have demonstrated practical improvements such as:
- AI Natural Language Processing (NLP) - Up to 1.4x higher throughput.As a result, 5th Gen Processors will help continue the proliferation of chatbots, virtual assistants, speech recognition systems, and other language-based AI advances.
- AI Recommendations Systems - Up to 1.4x higher throughput. Beyond Netflix and Amazon, more and more companies plan to harness the power of AI to fine-tune product recommendations for customers, andIntel®'s 5th gen will help to power them.
- Secure Network Gateways - Up to 2.4x higher performance vs. Native NGINX.To provide better data security than ever, Intel® Quick Assist Technology (Intel® QAT) accelerates data encryption, compression, and decompression, freeing the CPU for other operations.
- Data Movement - Up to 1.7x higher performance offload.Leveraging Intel® Data Streaming Accelerator (Intel® DSA), 5th Gen CPUs offload more data transfer tasks than ever, helping to improve overall system performance.
- Data Base Performance - Up to 1.3x higher 80/20 read-write performance(vs. SW compression), thanks to Intel® In-memory Advanced Accelerator (Intel® IAA). Therefore, as applications become more and more data-reliant, 5th Gen Intel® Xeonl® Scalable processors can deliver better data access and system responsiveness.
Enhanced Confidential Computing
Intel understands that security is no longer strictly a concern of physical servers and networks but also cloud-based, virtual environments. Customer VMs need to be protected not only from outside attacks but also from within.
To better secure virtual environments, Intel® has incorporated several accelerators, including:
- Intel® Control-Flow Enforcement Technology (Intel® CET)- to protect applications and the kernel itself against control flow hijacking.
- Intel® Crypto Acceleration- to reduce the processing cost of security by offloading cryptographic algorithm computations
- Intel® Software Guard Extensions Intel® SGX)- provides hardware-based memory encryption to protect application code and data.
- Intel® Trust Domain Extensions (Intel® TDX)- isolates and protects virtual machines from non-TD software.
- Intel® Quick Assist Technology (Intel® QAT)- as mentioned, accelerates compute-intensive workloads like encryption, AI, and analytics to improve overall system performance.
Leverage 5th Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors into your next deployment with UNICOM Engineering
UNICOM Engineering integrates Intel's best-performance processors into the best possible hardware deployments and is proud to be an Intel Titanium Level OEM partner. Our team is deeply experienced in assisting innovative technology solution providers with optimizing the performance and efficiency of their solutions with the latest Intel® technologies. Our relationships with Intel's product manufacturing and engineering teams ensure our customers receive unparalleled access to best-in-class solutions that meet their specifications.