Gain a competitive advantage in a time of digital transformation
The Xeon Scalable Processor family, Intel’s compelling answer to challenges ahead fostered by the rapid growth of concepts like IoT, AI, and analytics. All of these advances, while momentous, require more computing and I/O throughput than ever. UNICOM Engineering is helping early adopters gain a competitive advantage in this challenging time by designing solutions that maximize application performance and take full advantage of the new processor’s unparalleled performance, connectivity, and networking features.
Intel Xeon Scalable Processors at a glance
The Intel Xeon Scalable Processor family offers a dizzying array of improvements and advancements, including:
Increased performance for a wide range of workloads
Overall, the new Intel Xeon chipset boasts a 1.5X memory bandwidth increase over previous architectures, thanks to 6 memory channels and faster available DDR4 speeds.
All new memory architecture
The Intel Xeon processor offers up to 1.5TB of DDR4 and up to 6TB of non-volatile Intel 3D XPoint memory in a 2-socket system.
Optional accelerated network and built-in accelerators
One compelling feature of the Intel Xeon Scalable Processor family is its configurability according to your unique needs. For example, depending on your desired processing needs, you can add tech such as:
- Up to four 10GbE Intel Ethernet ports for increased network capability
- Integrated Intel QuickAssist Technology (QAT) for compression and cryptography
- Acceleration speeds up to 100Gb/s for more rapid processing of certain types of algorithms
The biggest microarchitecture update from Intel in a decade
The Intel Xeon Scalable Processor family update has been long-awaited in the data center, enterprise and server architecture worlds. With the incredible growth of the Internet of Things (IoT), big data analytics and AI, there has been an increasing need for a processor family which cannot only tackle present challenges but anticipates future ones. Intel Xeon updated feature set rises to the challenge with:
- High-speed connectivity via its built-in Ethernet ports
- Increased performance via its NVMe protocol--designed to maximize the potential of the SSDs
- Intel Omni-Path Fabric, which increases performance and scalability to thousands of nodes
- New memory technologies such as Intel Optane and 3D XPoint™ boost memory speed, endurance, and density
- Intel Virtual RAID on CPU (Intel VROC) Technology provides maximum bandwidth, I/O throughput, and computing power
Meet UNICOM Engineering’s Intel Xeon Scalable Processor family
Intel’s Xeon branding refresh is based on precious metals, with processing power and features scaled in accordance with the relative value of these metals. Bronze is recommended for entry-level machines, while Silver functions as an efficient and energy-saving processor. Gold and Platinum are reserved for the highest level of processing requirements with the greatest number of add-ons. Here are a few more specifications for each level:
- Bronze: Up to 8 Cores. 2 socket support. 48 PCIe 3.0 lanes. Standard reliability, availability, and serviceability.
- Silver: Up to 12 cores, 2 socket support, DDR4 2400 Mhz, Intel Turbo Boost and Hyper-Threading Technology.
- Gold: Up to 22 Cores. 2 and 4 Socket Support; 3 UPI links; Advanced reliability, availability, and serviceability.
- Platinum: Up to 28 Cores; Up to 2, 4 and 8 socket support with 3 UPI links; DDR4 2666 Mhz with up to 1.5 TB topline memory channel bandwidth; highest accelerator throughput.
UNICOM Engineering’s Intel Xeon Scalable Processor-Based servers
The Intel Xeon Scalable family processors built into the UNICOM Engineering E-Series platforms provide basic building blocks that align well with the needs of hybrid cloud and networking infrastructure, as well as video servers, storage solutions, network and physical security appliances. UNICOM Engineering can also build on Intel Xeon Scalable-based platforms from Dell EMC and HPE to create best-fit solutions for all your data center or enterprise computing needs and beyond.
UNICOM Engineering and Intel: driving seamless transitions
As we look to the rapidly changing future of IoT, data analysis, and AI, among others, the time is at hand for a massive transition. UNICOM Engineering’s team of experts is prepared and ready to assist. We have tested and validated platforms available for evaluation. And, our comprehensive service offerings will cover everything needed to ensure a complete solution.
To learn more and see how UNICOM Engineering can streamline your transition to Intel Xeon Scalable Processor-Based solutions, visit us at unicomengineering.com or contact us by telephone at +1 (800) 977-1010.