We no longer have the luxury of using personnel-intensive processes. In response, more teams are turning to Dell Technologies’ Intelligent Storage Software to increase their DevOps velocity.
Intelligent Storage Software Defined
Dell Technologies offers a wide variety of storage platforms (i.e., Dell PowerStore, PowerMax, PowerScale, PowerVault, and others) designed to meet the needs of today's solution providers. What differentiates them from other offerings is their ability to:
- Support intelligent business decisions.
- Predict, detect, and resolve storage issues.
- Enhance innovation by providing fresh, never-before-available insights.
The Benefits of Intelligent Storage Software
Intelligent Storage delivers results not only through quality hardware but also through innovative software. Together, they combine to provide real-world business benefits. Thanks to higher developer productivity, companies using intelligent storage have experienced up to 5X revenue growth, 20% greater operating margins, improved innovation scores, and better brand perception.
And as a result, Dell customers' data is more secure and resilient because there's a proactive system monitoring, backing up, and restoring it.
Below, we share the latest capabilities of Dell’s Intelligent Storage Software. Read on and see how it can empower your DevOps team to achieve even better results.
Storage to Cloud Integration
Dell Technologies’ Container Storage Modules (CSM) empower developers with an extensive catalog of Kubernetes-integrated applications, including:
- Replications - provides for automated data protection and DR planning.
- Snapshotting - enables point-in-time recovery with referential integrity.
- Replication - which offers DR planning and data protection to Kubernetes workloads.
- Observability - provides integration with tools like Prometheus and Grafana to offer a single-plane management experience.
- Authorization - allows storage admins to apply RBAC and quota rules that automatically control storage resources.
- Resiliency - offers automated detection and recovery of nodes for maximum uptime.
- App Mobility - provides for the automated cloning of apps and data between Kubernetes clusters.
Plus, with adaptive software architectures, DevOps teams can use Dell Technologies’ storage APIs to custom-automate services for their applications. And with programmable storage hardware, like PowerStore, solutions can be deployed in seconds, not days.
Intelligent Storage Integration
Thanks to Dell’s forethought, your ITOps personnel can operate and allocate resources for your DevOps teams without wasting time or revenue.
With Automated Storage Network Configuration, Dell Technologies can automate up to 99% of the configuration steps for NVMe/TCP systems configured end-to-end. Specifically, 100GbE and 25GbE IP SAN deployment can be automated with Dell PowerSwitch, which provides scalable, secure, policy-driven storage.
In addition, with Self-Optimizing Storage, you can free your storage admins of time-consuming tasks like tuning, performance optimization, and availability. Dell Technology even offers, through its PowerStore platform, a 4-to-1 data reduction guarantee, so none of your storage is wasted on duplication.
Some of Dell Technologies’ latest storage integrations include:
- Auto-provisioning for NVMe media
- Multi-Array Smart Provisioning - uses the most suitable arrays first for new workloads
- Block Scale-out and Unified File storage - which scales from two to sixteen nodes
- Inline Data Reduction and Dynamic Pools - for hybrid arrays
- VMware integration - with built-in VMware ESXi hypervisor to run applications directly on storage (includes integration with VMware file and a variety of vVols solutions)
- Easy Expansions and Upgrades - like non-disruptive, data-in-place upgrades that eliminate downtime and application impact due to maintenance
AIOps Software - Proactive Management
Wouldn't it be nice to anticipate and address challenges to your DevOps resources before they occur? CloudIQ is Dell Technology's solution for AIOps, and it can do just that.
With this comprehensive AIOps platform, Dell can empower your team to reduce risk with proactive notifications and predictive analytics. As a result, you can safely plan for your solution's needs. And with simplified views of your storage environment, your team can collaborate better and be more productive.
It can speed up the time to resolve your next infrastructure issue 2x to 10x faster and save your team one day a week in productivity.
Some of Dell's latest CloudIQ advancements include:
- REST API - enables messaging, service ticketing, and automated remediation with third-party applications
- Ransomware Anomaly Detection (PowerMax models only)
- Capacity Anomaly Detection prevents imminent full-capacity issues
- Intelligent Multi-System Upgrades for VxRail
- Enhanced VMware integration - with vCenter visualization emulation
Empower Your DevOps Team with Intelligent Storage Software
While most of us agree that data storage is vital to your DevOps team's performance, many don't realize the difference Intelligent Storage Software can make - to your team's bottom line and beyond.
Look to UNICOM Engineering to provide your data storage and systems integration expertise. As an Intel Technology Provider and Dell Technologies OEM Partner, they can supply, build, and support the best hardware to meet or exceed the needs of your application and help you bring it to market faster. Schedule a consultation today to learn more about how UNICOM Engineering can keep you moving forward.