We are living through an exciting time of change. Every day more things become digitally enabled. Our world is always on, always connected, producing data at an ever-increasing rate. Next-generation solutions need to meet the performance, storage, and security requirements to keep up with today’s demands. Also, new workloads and deployment methods are adding to the complexity. OEMs and ISVs have an excellent opportunity for growth if they embrace digital transformation and modernize their solutions to gain a competitive advantage. The latest Dell EMC 14G PowerEdge Servers provide the building blocks you need to get there. As a Dell EMC Titanium OEM Partner, we are excited to work with our clients to transition their next-generation solutions to Dell EMC 14G PowerEdge Servers.
Digital Transformation Requires Modern Appliances
As digital demands change across industries, so must the technology and deployment models of the appliance that supports these solutions. Modern solutions must be secure, scalable, high-performance machines that deliver maximum flexibility, efficiency, and automation. Appliances have been a successful deployment model, providing a purpose-built server with a unique IP. Considering the demands we see today, appliances may now be virtualized, converged, hyper-converged, software-defined, or in a hybrid cloud. Appliances live in environments from the edge to the core, and everywhere in between. As a result, the Dell EMC 14G PowerEdge Servers were carefully designed to transform your solutions to handle the diversity of modern workloads.
Latest Features in Dell EMC 14G PowerEdge Servers
Built on the latest Intel Xeon Scalable processors, the PowerEdge 14G portfolio offers scalable, automated, and secure platforms for traditional and hybrid cloud applications. Here are a few highlights from the recent Dell EMC 14G PowerEdge launch release:
- Accelerated database performance and lower latency with up to 12 times more database IOPS 1 and up to 98 percent less database latency in a VMware vSAN cluster1
- Faster storage performance in compute to maximize application performance with up to six times more NVMe drives, up to five times total flash storage, 30 percent more input/output slots and 25 percent density improvement2
- Easy server lifecycle management with enhanced Integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC9) that gives up to 4X improved performance in user interface and experience and a 30% time reduction to set up iDRAC with QuickSync 2 2 mobile-based management
- Cryptographically trusted booting with features like silicon-based root of trust, Intel Boot Guard protection, signed firmware and automatic BIOS recovery and the new OpenManage Enterprise as a virtual console delivers enhanced server safety while offering customers operational flexibility
- System Lockdown helps secure any system configuration from malicious or unintended changes while alerting users to any attempted system changes
- System Erase allows users to easily retire or repurpose their 14th generation PowerEdge servers by securely and quickly wiping data from storage drives and other embedded non-volatile memory
You can see that these platforms deliver scalable architecture, enhanced performance, and the integrated security capabilities that next-gen solutions require. When you consider these platforms are built on Intel Xeon Scalable processors, you can add the benefits resulting from 27 percent more CPU cores and 50 percent more memory bandwidth. The following servers for now available for evaluation for your next-gen solutions: Dell EMC PowerEdge R640, Dell EMC PowerEdge R740, Dell EMC PowerEdge R740XD, Dell EMC PowerEdge R940, and the Dell EMC PowerEdge C6420.
Build Bold on Dell EMC 14G PowerEdge with UNICOM Engineering
As a Dell EMC Titanium OEM partner, UNICOM Engineering can help you build bold, faster. We are flexible and nimble in our pursuit to bring your solutions to market. This trait goes hand in hand with our in-depth technical expertise that can transform your ideas into reality. Think of rapid prototypes and customized solutions. We are even flexible in the way that we enable you to deliver your product. Together, we have helped organizations annually ship more than 30,000 Dell EMC-based solutions worldwide. Add to this the ability to build and support solutions on a global scale through a single company, and you begin to understand why leading technology providers trust UNICOM Engineering as their application deployment partner.
Ready to Build Bold with UNICOM Engineering?
Visit our Dell EMC Partner Page or a recent blog entitled “Eight Advantages to Building on Dell OEM with UNICOM Engineering” to learn more, or simply give us a call at 972-633-3400 or 800-977-1010.
- Principled Technologies (PT) report commissioned by Dell EMC, “Faster, more powerful handling of database workloads,” June 2017, using the DVDStore2 benchmark comparing R720 servers with HDD-based EqualLogic shared storage versus R740xd servers with Internal NVMe and SAS SSD disks in a 2-node vSAN cluster. Actual performance will vary based on configuration, usage, and manufacturing variability. Full report: http://facts.pt/7PjXq2
- Based on Sep 2015 Principled Technologies Test Report commissioned by Dell, “Resolving Server Problems with Dell ProSupport Plus and SupportAssist.” Actual results will vary. Full report: http://facts.pt/1P56lW0